Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 6:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 06:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.92 meters/second, 1547.7 km/hour, 961.7 miles/hour or 835.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.8"||961.45 mi||West||0° 06' 16.0"||7.18 mi||North||961.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 27.9"||748.16 mi||East||2° 07' 52.7"||146.58 mi||North||758.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sat 7:46 PM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||N|
|Majuro||Sun 6:46 PM||1480 km||920 miles||799 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sun 6:46 PM||1492 km||927 miles||806 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sat 6:46 PM||1885 km||1172 miles||1018 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sun 6:46 PM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 8:46 PM||2320 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Sun 6:46 PM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sun 5:46 PM||2677 km||1663 miles||1445 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 6:46 PM||2825 km||1755 miles||1525 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sun 8:46 PM||2942 km||1828 miles||1589 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.