Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 7:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 07:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.72 meters/second, 1547.0 km/hour, 961.2 miles/hour or 835.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 56.7"||960.98 mi||West||0° 06' 12.0"||7.11 mi||North||960.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 52.4"||748.27 mi||East||2° 06' 13.0"||144.67 mi||North||757.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 7:36 PM||310 km||192 miles||167 nm||NW|
|Kwajalein||Sun 7:36 PM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sun 7:36 PM||1150 km||714 miles||621 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sun 6:36 PM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sun 7:36 PM||1802 km||1120 miles||973 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sat 8:36 PM||1907 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Sun 7:36 PM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sat 7:36 PM||2494 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 5:36 PM||2573 km||1599 miles||1389 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 7:36 PM||3068 km||1906 miles||1657 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.