Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 8:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.49 meters/second, 1546.2 km/hour, 960.7 miles/hour or 834.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 55.8"||960.49 mi||West||0° 06' 07.7"||7.03 mi||North||960.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 18.9"||748.38 mi||East||2° 04' 24.8"||142.61 mi||North||757.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Sun 7:30 PM||1174 km||729 miles||634 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 6:30 PM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 8:30 PM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Sun 8:30 PM||2067 km||1285 miles||1116 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Sun 8:30 PM||2334 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Sun 5:30 PM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||WSW|
|Yokohama||Sun 5:30 PM||2560 km||1591 miles||1382 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sun 5:30 PM||2572 km||1598 miles||1389 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sun 8:30 PM||2601 km||1616 miles||1404 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Sun 7:30 PM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.