Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 09:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 09:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.20 meters/second, 1545.1 km/hour, 960.1 miles/hour or 834.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.00 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||north||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 54.4"||959.83 mi||west||0° 06' 02.0"||6.92 mi||north||959.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 54.0"||748.53 mi||east||2° 02' 01.9"||139.88 mi||north||757.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sun 7:40 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||ESE|
|Saipan||Sun 7:40 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Sun 6:40 PM||1148 km||713 miles||620 nm||SSW|
|Davao||Sun 5:40 PM||1769 km||1099 miles||955 nm||SW|
|Quezon||Sun 5:40 PM||1849 km||1149 miles||999 nm||W|
|Manila||Sun 5:40 PM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||W|
|Kumamoto||Sun 6:40 PM||1874 km||1164 miles||1012 nm||NNW|
|General Santos||Sun 5:40 PM||1875 km||1165 miles||1013 nm||SW|
|Taipei||Sun 5:40 PM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||WNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 6:40 PM||1931 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.