Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 10:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 10:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.92 meters/second, 1544.1 km/hour, 959.5 miles/hour or 833.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.0"||959.20 mi||West||0° 05' 56.5"||6.81 mi||North||958.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 27.9"||748.69 mi||East||1° 59' 42.9"||137.23 mi||North||756.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baguio City||Sun 6:50 PM||142 km||88 miles||77 nm||SW|
|Cabanatuan||Sun 6:50 PM||218 km||135 miles||118 nm||SSW|
|Tarlac City||Sun 6:50 PM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||SSW|
|Mabalacat||Sun 6:50 PM||260 km||161 miles||140 nm||SSW|
|Angeles||Sun 6:50 PM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||SSW|
|Quezon||Sun 6:50 PM||301 km||187 miles||163 nm||S|
|Olongapo||Sun 6:50 PM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||SSW|
|Manila||Sun 6:50 PM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||S|
|Kaohsiung||Sun 6:50 PM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||N|
|Taichung||Sun 6:50 PM||753 km||468 miles||407 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.