Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 12:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 12:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.46 meters/second, 1542.4 km/hour, 958.4 miles/hour or 832.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.6"||958.16 mi||West||0° 05' 47.3"||6.63 mi||North||957.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 25.1"||748.95 mi||East||1° 55' 47.1"||132.72 mi||North||756.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yangon||Sun 7:16 PM||310 km||193 miles||168 nm||ESE|
|Naypyidaw||Sun 7:16 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||NE|
|Mawlamyine||Sun 7:16 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||ESE|
|Chittagong||Sun 6:46 PM||548 km||341 miles||296 nm||NNW|
|Mandalay||Sun 7:16 PM||564 km||350 miles||304 nm||NNE|
|Chiang Mai||Sun 7:46 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||ENE|
|Barisal||Sun 6:46 PM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||NNW|
|Dawei||Sun 7:16 PM||648 km||402 miles||350 nm||SE|
|Port Blair||Sun 6:16 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||S|
|Chandpur||Sun 6:46 PM||684 km||425 miles||370 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.