Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 1:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 13:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.26 meters/second, 1541.7 km/hour, 958.0 miles/hour or 832.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.7"||957.71 mi||West||0° 05' 43.2"||6.56 mi||North||957.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 49.8"||749.07 mi||East||1° 54' 04.8"||130.77 mi||North||756.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bhadrachalam||Sun 7:06 PM||38 km||23 miles||20 nm||W|
|Rajahmundry||Sun 7:06 PM||92 km||57 miles||50 nm||SE|
|Tadepalligudem||Sun 7:06 PM||100 km||62 miles||54 nm||SSE|
|Malkangiri||Sun 7:06 PM||102 km||63 miles||55 nm||NE|
|Eluru||Sun 7:06 PM||107 km||67 miles||58 nm||S|
|Khammam||Sun 7:06 PM||126 km||79 miles||68 nm||WSW|
|Kakinada||Sun 7:06 PM||131 km||81 miles||71 nm||SE|
|Vijayawada||Sun 7:06 PM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||SSW|
|Guntur||Sun 7:06 PM||175 km||108 miles||94 nm||SSW|
|Warangal||Sun 7:06 PM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.