Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 7:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 19:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.89 meters/second, 1536.8 km/hour, 954.9 miles/hour or 829.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.3"||954.65 mi||West||0° 05' 14.0"||6.00 mi||North||954.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 43.3"||749.95 mi||East||1° 41' 52.0"||116.78 mi||North||755.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Sun 7:30 PM||223 km||139 miles||120 nm||SE|
|Ouahigouya||Sun 7:30 PM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||SSE|
|Koutiala||Sun 7:30 PM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||S|
|Dori||Sun 7:30 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||SE|
|Koudougou||Sun 7:30 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Sun 7:30 PM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||SSE|
|Bamako||Sun 7:30 PM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||SSW|
|Sikasso||Sun 7:30 PM||775 km||481 miles||418 nm||S|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Sun 7:30 PM||779 km||484 miles||420 nm||S|
|Fada N'gourma||Sun 7:30 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.