Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 10:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 22:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.19 meters/second, 1534.3 km/hour, 953.4 miles/hour or 828.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.3"||953.08 mi||West||0° 04' 58.0"||5.70 mi||North||952.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 15.0"||750.45 mi||East||1° 35' 12.1"||109.14 mi||North||754.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sun 6:40 PM||1145 km||712 miles||619 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 6:40 PM||1209 km||751 miles||653 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 6:40 PM||1214 km||754 miles||655 nm||W|
|Roseau||Sun 6:40 PM||1214 km||754 miles||655 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 6:40 PM||1227 km||763 miles||663 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 6:40 PM||1227 km||763 miles||663 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Sun 6:40 PM||1293 km||803 miles||698 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 6:40 PM||1303 km||810 miles||704 nm||W|
|Saint George's||Sun 6:40 PM||1404 km||872 miles||758 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Sun 6:40 PM||1470 km||913 miles||794 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.