Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 12:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.81 meters/second, 1532.9 km/hour, 952.5 miles/hour or 827.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.2"||952.23 mi||West||0° 04' 49.1"||5.52 mi||North||952.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 05.6"||750.73 mi||East||1° 31' 27.0"||104.84 mi||North||754.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kingston||Sun 7:26 PM||98 km||61 miles||53 nm||SW|
|May Pen||Sun 7:26 PM||137 km||85 miles||74 nm||WSW|
|Santiago de Cuba||Sun 7:26 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||NNE|
|Montego Bay||Sun 7:26 PM||188 km||117 miles||101 nm||W|
|Holguín||Sun 7:26 PM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||N|
|Camagüey||Sun 7:26 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||NNW|
|Gonaïves||Sun 7:26 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||ENE|
|Port-au-Prince||Sun 7:26 PM||403 km||250 miles||217 nm||E|
|Cap-Haïtien||Sun 7:26 PM||434 km||269 miles||234 nm||ENE|
|San Juan de la Maguana||Sun 8:26 PM||519 km||323 miles||280 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.