Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 12:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.74 meters/second, 1532.7 km/hour, 952.4 miles/hour or 827.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||North||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 35.7"||952.07 mi||West||0° 04' 47.4"||5.49 mi||North||951.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 15.1"||750.79 mi||East||1° 30' 44.4"||104.03 mi||North||754.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|George Town (Cayman)||Sun 7:46 PM||80 km||50 miles||43 nm||NNW|
|Montego Bay||Sun 7:46 PM||325 km||202 miles||175 nm||E|
|May Pen||Sun 7:46 PM||403 km||251 miles||218 nm||E|
|Santa Clara||Sun 7:46 PM||429 km||266 miles||231 nm||NNE|
|Camagüey||Sun 7:46 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NE|
|Kingston||Sun 7:46 PM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||E|
|Pinar del Río||Sun 7:46 PM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||NNW|
|Havana||Sun 7:46 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||NNW|
|Holguín||Sun 7:46 PM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||ENE|
|Santiago de Cuba||Sun 7:46 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.