Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 2:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 02:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.38 meters/second, 1531.4 km/hour, 951.6 miles/hour or 826.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.6"||951.26 mi||West||0° 04' 38.5"||5.32 mi||North||951.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 04.0"||751.07 mi||East||1° 27' 02.1"||99.78 mi||North||754.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manzanillo||Sun 8:30 PM||197 km||123 miles||106 nm||E|
|Puerto Vallarta||Sun 8:30 PM||223 km||139 miles||121 nm||NNE|
|Punta Mita||Sun 8:30 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||NNE|
|Colima||Sun 8:30 PM||262 km||163 miles||142 nm||ENE|
|Tepic||Sun 7:30 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Sun 8:30 PM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Sun 7:30 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes||Sun 8:30 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||NE|
|Leon||Sun 8:30 PM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||ENE|
|Zacatecas||Sun 8:30 PM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.