Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.14 meters/second, 1530.5 km/hour, 951.0 miles/hour or 826.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.1"||950.72 mi||West||0° 04' 32.4"||5.21 mi||North||950.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 36.6"||751.26 mi||East||1° 24' 31.8"||96.91 mi||North||754.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Sun 7:40 PM||1629 km||1012 miles||880 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Sun 7:40 PM||1644 km||1021 miles||888 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 8:40 PM||1673 km||1040 miles||903 nm||NE|
|Mexicali||Sun 7:40 PM||1705 km||1060 miles||921 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 7:40 PM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Sun 8:40 PM||1799 km||1118 miles||971 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Sun 8:40 PM||1952 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||NNE|
|San Jose (USA)||Sun 7:40 PM||2048 km||1273 miles||1106 nm||N|
|Las Vegas||Sun 7:40 PM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Sun 9:40 PM||2079 km||1292 miles||1123 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.