Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 4:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 04:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.97 meters/second, 1529.9 km/hour, 950.6 miles/hour or 826.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.2"||950.35 mi||West||0° 04' 28.1"||5.12 mi||North||950.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 59.6"||751.39 mi||East||1° 22' 44.0"||94.85 mi||North||754.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Sun 8:30 PM||2360 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||NE|
|San Diego||Sun 8:30 PM||2362 km||1467 miles||1275 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 8:30 PM||2372 km||1474 miles||1281 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Sun 6:30 PM||2379 km||1478 miles||1285 nm||W|
|San Jose||Sun 8:30 PM||2416 km||1501 miles||1305 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Sun 8:30 PM||2428 km||1508 miles||1311 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Sun 8:30 PM||2488 km||1546 miles||1344 nm||NE|
|Sacramento||Sun 8:30 PM||2549 km||1584 miles||1376 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 9:30 PM||2703 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||ENE|
|Las Vegas||Sun 8:30 PM||2737 km||1701 miles||1478 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.