Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 4:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 04:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.94 meters/second, 1529.8 km/hour, 950.6 miles/hour or 826.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.9"||950.27 mi||West||0° 04' 27.2"||5.11 mi||North||950.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 04.3"||751.42 mi||East||1° 22' 22.4"||94.44 mi||North||754.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 6:40 PM||2128 km||1322 miles||1149 nm||W|
|Los Angeles||Sun 8:40 PM||2547 km||1582 miles||1375 nm||NE|
|Tijuana||Sun 8:40 PM||2548 km||1583 miles||1376 nm||NE|
|San Diego||Sun 8:40 PM||2548 km||1584 miles||1376 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sun 8:40 PM||2549 km||1584 miles||1377 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Sun 8:40 PM||2556 km||1589 miles||1380 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:40 PM||2861 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Sun 8:40 PM||2910 km||1808 miles||1571 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 9:40 PM||2928 km||1819 miles||1581 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Sun 9:40 PM||3004 km||1867 miles||1622 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.