Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 4:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 04:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.91 meters/second, 1529.7 km/hour, 950.5 miles/hour or 826.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.7"||950.20 mi||West||0° 04' 26.3"||5.09 mi||North||950.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 08.9"||751.45 mi||East||1° 22' 00.8"||94.03 mi||North||754.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 6:50 PM||1877 km||1166 miles||1014 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:50 PM||2670 km||1659 miles||1442 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Sun 8:50 PM||2698 km||1676 miles||1457 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 8:50 PM||2731 km||1697 miles||1474 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Sun 8:50 PM||3092 km||1921 miles||1670 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 9:50 PM||3154 km||1960 miles||1703 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Sun 9:50 PM||3208 km||1993 miles||1732 nm||NE|
|Seattle||Sun 8:50 PM||3561 km||2213 miles||1923 nm||NNE|
|Salt Lake City||Sun 9:50 PM||3609 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||NE|
|Vancouver||Sun 8:50 PM||3688 km||2292 miles||1992 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.