Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, January 21, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.19 meters/second, 1527.1 km/hour, 948.9 miles/hour or 824.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.82 mi||west||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||north||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.1"||948.66 mi||west||0° 04' 07.1"||4.72 mi||north||948.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 48.7"||752.11 mi||east||1° 14' 00.6"||84.86 mi||north||754.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 8:30 PM||25 km||16 miles||14 nm||E|
|Majuro||Mon 8:30 PM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Mon 7:30 PM||1629 km||1012 miles||880 nm||SW|
|Midway||Sun 9:30 PM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Mon 8:30 PM||2098 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Mon 8:30 PM||2188 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 6:30 PM||2398 km||1490 miles||1295 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 8:30 PM||2816 km||1750 miles||1520 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Mon 5:30 PM||3191 km||1983 miles||1723 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Mon 7:30 PM||3249 km||2019 miles||1754 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.