Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 8:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 08:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.17 meters/second, 1527.0 km/hour, 948.8 miles/hour or 824.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.0"||948.53 mi||West||0° 04' 06.4"||4.71 mi||North||948.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 52.6"||752.08 mi||East||1° 13' 41.2"||84.48 mi||North||753.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 8:40 PM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||E|
|Palikir||Mon 7:40 PM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 8:40 PM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sun 9:40 PM||2116 km||1315 miles||1142 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 6:40 PM||2178 km||1353 miles||1176 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Mon 8:40 PM||2191 km||1361 miles||1183 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Mon 8:40 PM||2209 km||1372 miles||1193 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sun 8:40 PM||2977 km||1850 miles||1608 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Mon 5:40 PM||3020 km||1877 miles||1631 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Mon 7:40 PM||3207 km||1993 miles||1732 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.