Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 9:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.95 meters/second, 1526.2 km/hour, 948.3 miles/hour or 824.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.6"||948.04 mi||West||0° 04' 00.2"||4.59 mi||North||947.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 23.3"||752.27 mi||East||1° 11' 08.2"||81.55 mi||North||753.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 7:50 PM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Mon 7:50 PM||703 km||437 miles||380 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Mon 8:50 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Mon 6:50 PM||1896 km||1178 miles||1024 nm||SW|
|Yokohama||Mon 6:50 PM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Mon 6:50 PM||1945 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Mon 6:50 PM||1945 km||1209 miles||1050 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 6:50 PM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 6:50 PM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Mon 6:50 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.