Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, January 21, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.95 meters/second, 1526.2 km/hour, 948.3 miles/hour or 824.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.81 mi||west||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||north||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.6"||948.04 mi||west||0° 04' 00.2"||4.59 mi||north||947.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 23.3"||752.27 mi||east||1° 11' 08.2"||81.55 mi||north||753.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 7:50 PM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Mon 7:50 PM||703 km||437 miles||380 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Mon 8:50 PM||1807 km||1123 miles||975 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Mon 6:50 PM||1896 km||1178 miles||1024 nm||SW|
|Yokohama||Mon 6:50 PM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Mon 6:50 PM||1945 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Mon 6:50 PM||1945 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 6:50 PM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 6:50 PM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Mon 6:50 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.