Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.94 meters/second, 1526.2 km/hour, 948.3 miles/hour or 824.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.6"||948.03 mi||West||0° 04' 00.0"||4.59 mi||North||947.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 24.1"||752.28 mi||East||1° 11' 03.8"||81.47 mi||North||753.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 7:52 PM||471 km||293 miles||255 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Mon 7:52 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Mon 8:52 PM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Mon 6:52 PM||1858 km||1155 miles||1003 nm||SW|
|Yokohama||Mon 6:52 PM||1921 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Mon 6:52 PM||1923 km||1195 miles||1039 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 6:52 PM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Mon 6:52 PM||1927 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Mon 6:52 PM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 6:52 PM||1944 km||1208 miles||1049 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.