Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 10:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 10:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.80 meters/second, 1525.7 kilometres/hour, 948.0 miles/hour or 823.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.5"||947.70 mi||West||0° 03' 55.8"||4.51 mi||North||947.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 45.0"||752.41 mi||East||1° 09' 18.4"||79.46 mi||North||753.89 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Mon 8:40 PM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Mon 7:40 PM||1316 km||818 miles||711 nm||S|
|Kagoshima||Mon 7:40 PM||1430 km||889 miles||772 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Mon 6:40 PM||1544 km||960 miles||834 nm||WNW|
|Kumamoto||Mon 7:40 PM||1553 km||965 miles||838 nm||NNW|
|Quezon||Mon 6:40 PM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Mon 6:40 PM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||WSW|
|Fukuoka||Mon 7:40 PM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Mon 7:40 PM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Mon 7:40 PM||1696 km||1054 miles||916 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.