Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.74 meters/second, 1525.4 km/hour, 947.9 miles/hour or 823.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.08 mi||North||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.2"||947.57 mi||West||0° 03' 54.0"||4.47 mi||North||947.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 53.7"||752.46 mi||East||1° 08' 34.4"||78.62 mi||North||753.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taipei||Mon 7:00 PM||1106 km||687 miles||597 nm||NW|
|Quezon||Mon 7:00 PM||1119 km||696 miles||604 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Mon 7:00 PM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||WSW|
|Kagoshima||Mon 8:00 PM||1349 km||839 miles||729 nm||N|
|Foochow||Mon 7:00 PM||1355 km||842 miles||732 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Mon 7:00 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||WNW|
|Melekeok||Mon 8:00 PM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||SSE|
|Davao||Mon 7:00 PM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||SSW|
|Kumamoto||Mon 8:00 PM||1485 km||922 miles||802 nm||N|
|Shantou||Mon 7:00 PM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.