Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.62 meters/second, 1525.0 km/hour, 947.6 miles/hour or 823.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.4"||947.30 mi||West||0° 03' 50.5"||4.40 mi||North||947.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 10.8"||752.57 mi||East||1° 07' 06.5"||76.94 mi||North||753.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Mon 7:40 PM||399 km||248 miles||216 nm||N|
|Tarlac City||Mon 7:40 PM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||S|
|Mabalacat||Mon 7:40 PM||469 km||292 miles||253 nm||S|
|Angeles||Mon 7:40 PM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||S|
|Olongapo||Mon 7:40 PM||512 km||318 miles||277 nm||S|
|Taichung||Mon 7:40 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||N|
|Quezon||Mon 7:40 PM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||S|
|Manila||Mon 7:40 PM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||S|
|Hsinchu||Mon 7:40 PM||594 km||369 miles||320 nm||N|
|Shantou||Mon 7:40 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.