Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.45 meters/second, 1524.4 kilometres/hour, 947.2 miles/hour or 823.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.3"||946.93 mi||West||0° 03' 45.4"||4.31 mi||North||946.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 34.5"||752.73 mi||East||1° 05' 02.9"||74.58 mi||North||753.86 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hai Phong||Mon 7:36 PM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||NNW|
|Hanoi||Mon 7:36 PM||216 km||134 miles||116 nm||NW|
|Xam Neua||Mon 7:36 PM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||WNW|
|Huế||Mon 7:36 PM||340 km||212 miles||184 nm||S|
|Haikou||Mon 8:36 PM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||E|
|Nanning||Mon 8:36 PM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||NNE|
|Zhanjiang||Mon 8:36 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||ENE|
|Da Nang||Mon 7:36 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||SSE|
|Savannakhet||Mon 7:36 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||SW|
|Pakse||Mon 7:36 PM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.