Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 4:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 16:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.80 meters/second, 1522.1 kilometres/hour, 945.8 miles/hour or 821.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 16.6"||945.46 mi||West||0° 03' 24.4"||3.91 mi||North||945.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 10.5"||753.36 mi||East||0° 56' 23.5"||64.66 mi||North||753.89 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salalah||Mon 8:30 PM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||SE|
|Al Mukalla||Mon 7:30 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||SSW|
|Doha||Mon 7:30 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||N|
|Hofuf||Mon 7:30 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||N|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Mon 7:30 PM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||N|
|Abu Dhabi||Mon 8:30 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||NE|
|Al Khor||Mon 7:30 PM||666 km||414 miles||359 nm||N|
|Riyadh||Mon 7:30 PM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||NW|
|Riffa||Mon 7:30 PM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||N|
|Manama||Mon 7:30 PM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.