Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 8:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 20:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.18 meters/second, 1519.8 km/hour, 944.4 miles/hour or 820.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.0"||944.08 mi||West||0° 03' 02.7"||3.49 mi||North||943.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 42.8"||754.00 mi||East||0° 47' 25.9"||54.38 mi||North||754.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Mon 8:30 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||WSW|
|Timbuktu||Mon 8:30 PM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||SE|
|Bamako||Mon 8:30 PM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||S|
|Smara||Mon 8:30 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||NNW|
|Koutiala||Mon 8:30 PM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Mon 8:30 PM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||SE|
|Nouakchott||Mon 8:30 PM||908 km||564 miles||490 nm||WSW|
|Tambacounda||Mon 8:30 PM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||SW|
|Rosso||Mon 8:30 PM||949 km||590 miles||513 nm||WSW|
|Dakhla||Mon 8:30 PM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.