Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 10:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 22:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.85 meters/second, 1518.7 kilometres/hour, 943.7 miles/hour or 820.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.05 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.6"||943.34 mi||West||0° 02' 50.0"||3.25 mi||North||943.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 33.6"||754.36 mi||East||0° 42' 09.9"||48.35 mi||North||754.20 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Mon 9:50 PM||1989 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Mon 7:50 PM||2048 km||1272 miles||1106 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Mon 6:50 PM||2084 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Mon 7:50 PM||2165 km||1345 miles||1169 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 6:50 PM||2169 km||1347 miles||1171 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 6:50 PM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||W|
|Roseau||Mon 6:50 PM||2177 km||1353 miles||1176 nm||W|
|Castries||Mon 6:50 PM||2183 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 6:50 PM||2191 km||1362 miles||1183 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Mon 6:50 PM||2241 km||1393 miles||1210 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.