Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 21, 2013 at 11:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 21, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.74 meters/second, 1518.3 kilometres/hour, 943.4 miles/hour or 819.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.6"||943.08 mi||West||0° 02' 45.4"||3.16 mi||North||942.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 51.1"||754.48 mi||East||0° 40' 16.9"||46.18 mi||North||754.26 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Mon 7:40 PM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 7:40 PM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Mon 7:40 PM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 7:40 PM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Mon 7:40 PM||984 km||612 miles||532 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 7:40 PM||986 km||613 miles||533 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 7:40 PM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Mon 7:40 PM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Mon 7:40 PM||1010 km||628 miles||545 nm||SW|
|Charlestown||Mon 7:40 PM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.