Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 4:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 04:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.12 meters/second, 1516.0 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.5"||941.69 mi||West||0° 02' 17.5"||2.63 mi||North||941.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 29.3"||755.22 mi||East||0° 28' 54.1"||33.14 mi||North||754.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Mon 8:40 PM||1627 km||1011 miles||879 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Mon 8:40 PM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Mon 8:40 PM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Mon 8:40 PM||1729 km||1074 miles||934 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Mon 9:40 PM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA)||Mon 8:40 PM||1929 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Mon 8:40 PM||1967 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||N|
|Oakland||Mon 8:40 PM||1973 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||N|
|Phoenix||Mon 9:40 PM||2013 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Mon 8:40 PM||2053 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.