Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 9:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 09:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.60 meters/second, 1514.1 km/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.7"||940.53 mi||West||0° 01' 49.2"||2.09 mi||North||940.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 55.5"||755.90 mi||East||0° 17' 21.3"||19.90 mi||North||755.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 9:42 PM||630 km||391 miles||340 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Tue 8:42 PM||1530 km||951 miles||826 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 7:42 PM||1874 km||1164 miles||1012 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 9:42 PM||1874 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||SE|
|Midway||Mon 10:42 PM||2371 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Tue 9:42 PM||2424 km||1506 miles||1309 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:42 PM||2496 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Tue 6:42 PM||2653 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Tue 6:42 PM||2658 km||1651 miles||1435 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Tue 6:42 PM||3163 km||1965 miles||1708 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.