Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.58 meters/second, 1514.1 km/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.5"||940.49 mi||West||0° 01' 48.2"||2.07 mi||North||940.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 58.1"||755.92 mi||East||0° 16' 58.3"||19.46 mi||North||755.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 9:52 PM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||E|
|Palikir||Tue 8:52 PM||1505 km||935 miles||813 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 7:52 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 9:52 PM||2026 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Tue 6:52 PM||2466 km||1533 miles||1332 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Tue 6:52 PM||2479 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Tue 9:52 PM||2508 km||1559 miles||1354 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Mon 10:52 PM||2600 km||1616 miles||1404 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:52 PM||2646 km||1644 miles||1429 nm||SE|
|Nagoya||Tue 6:52 PM||2654 km||1649 miles||1433 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.