Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 10:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 10:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.49 meters/second, 1513.8 km/hour, 940.6 miles/hour or 817.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.6"||940.30 mi||West||0° 01' 42.8"||1.97 mi||North||940.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 13.0"||756.05 mi||East||0° 14' 44.6"||16.91 mi||North||755.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 8:50 PM||611 km||379 miles||330 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 8:50 PM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||S|
|Hamamatsu||Tue 7:50 PM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Tue 7:50 PM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Tue 7:50 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Tue 7:50 PM||1721 km||1069 miles||929 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Tue 7:50 PM||1734 km||1078 miles||936 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Tue 7:50 PM||1738 km||1080 miles||939 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Tue 7:50 PM||1776 km||1104 miles||959 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Tue 7:50 PM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.