Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.49 meters/second, 1513.8 kilometres/hour, 940.6 miles/hour or 817.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.6"||940.29 mi||West||0° 01' 42.6"||1.96 mi||North||940.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 13.4"||756.05 mi||East||0° 14' 40.1"||16.82 mi||North||755.63 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 8:52 PM||625 km||389 miles||338 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 8:52 PM||788 km||490 miles||426 nm||S|
|Hamamatsu||Tue 7:52 PM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Tue 7:52 PM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Tue 7:52 PM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Tue 7:52 PM||1709 km||1062 miles||923 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Tue 7:52 PM||1721 km||1070 miles||929 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Tue 7:52 PM||1727 km||1073 miles||932 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Tue 7:52 PM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||SW|
|Nagoya||Tue 7:52 PM||1757 km||1092 miles||949 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.