Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.01 meters/second, 1512.0 km/hour, 939.5 miles/hour or 816.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.2"||939.22 mi||West||0° 01' 05.2"||1.25 mi||North||939.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 40.3"||756.83 mi||East||0° 00' 31.3"||0.60 mi||South||756.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Riyadh||Tue 8:26 PM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||NNW|
|Hofuf||Tue 8:26 PM||530 km||330 miles||286 nm||NNE|
|Doha||Tue 8:26 PM||594 km||369 miles||320 nm||NNE|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Tue 8:26 PM||604 km||376 miles||326 nm||NNE|
|Al Khor||Tue 8:26 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||NNE|
|Riffa||Tue 8:26 PM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||NNE|
|Manama||Tue 8:26 PM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||NNE|
|Dammam||Tue 8:26 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||NNE|
|Khamis Mushait||Tue 8:26 PM||662 km||412 miles||358 nm||WSW|
|Qatif||Tue 8:26 PM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.