Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 21:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 21:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.80 meters/second, 1511.3 km/hour, 939.1 miles/hour or 816.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||north||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.3"||938.82 mi||west||0° 00' 40.5"||0.78 mi||north||938.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 23.4"||757.33 mi||east||0° 10' 28.6"||12.01 mi||south||757.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Tue 9:42 PM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||SE|
|Nouadhibou||Tue 9:42 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||W|
|Nouakchott||Tue 9:42 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||SW|
|Dakhla||Tue 9:42 PM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||NW|
|Rosso||Tue 9:42 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||SSW|
|Cape Bojador||Tue 9:42 PM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||N|
|Saint-Louis||Tue 9:42 PM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||SSW|
|Smara||Tue 9:42 PM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||NNE|
|Touba||Tue 9:42 PM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||SSW|
|El Aaiún||Tue 9:42 PM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.