Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 9:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 21:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.81 meters/second, 1511.3 kilometres/hour, 939.1 miles/hour or 816.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.3"||938.75 mi||West||0° 00' 40.6"||0.78 mi||North||938.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 23.3"||757.27 mi||East||0° 10' 26.0"||11.96 mi||South||757.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Tue 9:42 PM||321 km||200 miles||173 nm||SE|
|Nouadhibou||Tue 9:42 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||W|
|Nouakchott||Tue 9:42 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||SW|
|Dakhla||Tue 9:42 PM||416 km||258 miles||225 nm||NW|
|Rosso||Tue 9:42 PM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||SSW|
|Cape Bojador||Tue 9:42 PM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||N|
|Saint-Louis||Tue 9:42 PM||619 km||384 miles||334 nm||SSW|
|Smara||Tue 9:42 PM||685 km||425 miles||370 nm||NNE|
|Touba||Tue 9:42 PM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||SSW|
|El Aaiún||Tue 9:42 PM||707 km||440 miles||382 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.