Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 3:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 03:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.66 meters/second, 1510.8 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.8"||938.42 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||North||938.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 04.6"||757.79 mi||East||0° 24' 23.7"||27.97 mi||South||759.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Querétaro||Tue 9:42 PM||27 km||17 miles||15 nm||SSE|
|Leon||Tue 9:42 PM||129 km||80 miles||70 nm||WNW|
|Morelia||Tue 9:42 PM||143 km||89 miles||77 nm||SSW|
|San Luis Potosi||Tue 9:42 PM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||NNW|
|Tizayuca||Tue 9:42 PM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||SE|
|Pachuca||Tue 9:42 PM||197 km||123 miles||107 nm||ESE|
|Ecatepec||Tue 9:42 PM||205 km||127 miles||111 nm||SE|
|Mexico City||Tue 9:42 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||SE|
|Aguascalientes||Tue 9:42 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||WNW|
|Cuernavaca||Tue 9:42 PM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.