Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 4:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 04:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.65 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.6"||938.41 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||938.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 06.1"||757.82 mi||East||0° 25' 10.3"||28.86 mi||South||759.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Punta Mita||Tue 10:02 PM||21 km||13 miles||12 nm||WSW|
|Puerto Vallarta||Tue 10:02 PM||25 km||15 miles||13 nm||SSE|
|Tepic||Tue 9:02 PM||88 km||55 miles||48 nm||NNE|
|Ixtlán del Río||Tue 9:02 PM||102 km||64 miles||55 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Tue 10:02 PM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||E|
|Manzanillo||Tue 10:02 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||SSE|
|Ajijic||Tue 10:02 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||ESE|
|Colima||Tue 10:02 PM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||SE|
|Mazatlan||Tue 9:02 PM||289 km||180 miles||156 nm||NNW|
|Aguascalientes||Tue 10:02 PM||336 km||208 miles||181 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.