Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 4:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 04:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.65 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.2"||938.40 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||South||938.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 10.0"||757.88 mi||East||0° 27' 06.6"||31.09 mi||South||759.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hermosillo||Tue 9:52 PM||1124 km||699 miles||607 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Tue 9:52 PM||1166 km||724 miles||630 nm||ENE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Tue 10:52 PM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||E|
|Tijuana||Tue 8:52 PM||1298 km||807 miles||701 nm||N|
|San Diego||Tue 8:52 PM||1319 km||820 miles||712 nm||N|
|Mexicali||Tue 8:52 PM||1325 km||823 miles||715 nm||N|
|Tucson||Tue 9:52 PM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||NNE|
|Chihuahua||Tue 9:52 PM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||NE|
|Long Beach||Tue 8:52 PM||1438 km||894 miles||777 nm||N|
|Guadalajara||Tue 10:52 PM||1465 km||910 miles||791 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.