Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 8:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 08:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.66 meters/second, 1510.8 km/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.5"||938.43 mi||West||0° 00' 23.0"||0.44 mi||South||938.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 21.7"||758.14 mi||East||0° 36' 01.8"||41.31 mi||South||760.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Tue 9:42 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Tue 10:42 PM||1579 km||981 miles||853 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Wed 8:42 PM||2129 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||W|
|Majuro||Wed 8:42 PM||2262 km||1406 miles||1221 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 8:42 PM||2310 km||1436 miles||1248 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 8:42 PM||2627 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 10:42 PM||2702 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 8:42 PM||3215 km||1998 miles||1736 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 9:42 PM||3343 km||2077 miles||1805 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 8:42 PM||3353 km||2083 miles||1810 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.