Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.68 meters/second, 1510.8 km/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.2"||938.47 mi||West||0° 00' 29.9"||0.57 mi||South||938.50 mi|
|24 hours||348° 16' 36.4"||758.21 mi||West||0° 38' 44.4"||44.42 mi||South||761.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 9:52 PM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Tue 10:52 PM||1517 km||943 miles||819 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Wed 9:52 PM||1524 km||947 miles||823 nm||S|
|Palikir||Wed 8:52 PM||1998 km||1241 miles||1079 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 9:52 PM||2168 km||1347 miles||1171 nm||S|
|Yaren||Wed 9:52 PM||2385 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:52 PM||2712 km||1685 miles||1464 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 7:52 PM||2804 km||1742 miles||1514 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:52 PM||3333 km||2071 miles||1800 nm||E|
|Tokyo||Wed 6:52 PM||3382 km||2102 miles||1826 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.