Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.70 meters/second, 1510.9 km/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||938.51 mi||West||0° 00' 35.7"||0.68 mi||South||938.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 24.3"||758.27 mi||East||0° 41' 03.8"||47.08 mi||South||761.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 10:52 PM||1177 km||731 miles||636 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Wed 8:52 PM||1401 km||871 miles||756 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Wed 9:52 PM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||S|
|Yokohama||Wed 7:52 PM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Wed 7:52 PM||2260 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Wed 10:52 PM||2285 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||SE|
|Nagoya||Wed 7:52 PM||2419 km||1503 miles||1306 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Wed 7:52 PM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Wed 7:52 PM||2494 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Wed 7:52 PM||2518 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.