Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 11:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 11:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.72 meters/second, 1511.0 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.5"||938.57 mi||West||0° 00' 41.5"||0.79 mi||South||938.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 24.4"||758.32 mi||East||0° 43' 23.0"||49.74 mi||South||761.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 9:52 PM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 9:52 PM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||SSE|
|Hamamatsu||Wed 8:52 PM||1576 km||980 miles||851 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Wed 8:52 PM||1594 km||991 miles||861 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Wed 8:52 PM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SSW|
|Osaka||Wed 8:52 PM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Wed 8:52 PM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||N|
|Kawasaki||Wed 8:52 PM||1640 km||1019 miles||885 nm||N|
|Kobe||Wed 8:52 PM||1644 km||1021 miles||887 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Wed 8:52 PM||1644 km||1022 miles||888 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.