Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 4:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 16:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.92 meters/second, 1511.7 km/hour, 939.3 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.3"||939.01 mi||West||0° 01' 10.7"||1.35 mi||South||939.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 15.7"||758.53 mi||East||0° 54' 57.6"||63.01 mi||South||763.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Porbandar||Wed 10:22 PM||160 km||99 miles||86 nm||NE|
|Dwarka||Wed 10:22 PM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||NNE|
|Veraval||Wed 10:22 PM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||E|
|Junagadh||Wed 10:22 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||ENE|
|Surat||Wed 10:22 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||E|
|Vasai-Virar||Wed 10:22 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||ESE|
|Karachi||Wed 9:52 PM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||NNW|
|Mumbai||Wed 10:22 PM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||ESE|
|Ahmedabad||Wed 10:22 PM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||ENE|
|Hyderabad (PK)||Wed 9:52 PM||518 km||322 miles||279 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.