Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 9:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.20 meters/second, 1512.7 kilometres/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.8"||939.65 mi||West||0° 01' 37.9"||1.87 mi||South||939.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 53.7"||758.66 mi||East||1° 05' 42.3"||75.33 mi||South||765.05 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tamanrasset||Wed 10:32 PM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||ENE|
|Timbuktu||Wed 9:32 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||SW|
|Arlit||Wed 10:32 PM||729 km||453 miles||394 nm||ESE|
|Niamey||Wed 10:32 PM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||S|
|Ouahigouya||Wed 9:32 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||SSW|
|Ouagadougou||Wed 9:32 PM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Wed 9:32 PM||981 km||610 miles||530 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Wed 10:32 PM||1266 km||787 miles||684 nm||SE|
|Bamako||Wed 9:32 PM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||SW|
|Abuja||Wed 10:32 PM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.