Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 9:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 21:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.21 meters/second, 1512.8 km/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.8"||939.68 mi||West||0° 01' 38.8"||1.89 mi||South||939.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 52.6"||758.67 mi||East||1° 06' 05.1"||75.77 mi||South||765.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Wed 9:42 PM||445 km||276 miles||240 nm||SSW|
|Dori||Wed 9:42 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Wed 9:42 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||S|
|In Salah||Wed 10:42 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||NNE|
|Niamey||Wed 10:42 PM||883 km||548 miles||477 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Wed 9:42 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Wed 9:42 PM||926 km||576 miles||500 nm||S|
|Fada N'gourma||Wed 9:42 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||SSE|
|Arlit||Wed 10:42 PM||975 km||606 miles||526 nm||E|
|Koutiala||Wed 9:42 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.