Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.23 meters/second, 1512.8 km/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.8"||939.71 mi||West||0° 01' 39.7"||1.91 mi||South||939.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 51.6"||758.67 mi||East||1° 06' 28.1"||76.21 mi||South||765.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Wed 9:52 PM||439 km||272 miles||237 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Wed 9:52 PM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||SSE|
|Tidjikja||Wed 9:52 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Wed 9:52 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Wed 9:52 PM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Wed 9:52 PM||951 km||591 miles||514 nm||SSE|
|Bamako||Wed 9:52 PM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Wed 10:52 PM||1026 km||638 miles||554 nm||SE|
|El Aaiún||Wed 9:52 PM||1175 km||730 miles||635 nm||NW|
|Nouakchott||Wed 9:52 PM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.