Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.24 meters/second, 1512.9 km/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.8"||939.73 mi||West||0° 01' 40.8"||1.93 mi||South||939.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 50.5"||758.67 mi||East||1° 06' 51.1"||76.64 mi||South||765.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Wed 10:02 PM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||WSW|
|Tindouf||Wed 11:02 PM||801 km||498 miles||432 nm||NNW|
|Smara||Wed 10:02 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||NW|
|Ouahigouya||Wed 10:02 PM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||SSE|
|Bamako||Wed 10:02 PM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||S|
|Koutiala||Wed 10:02 PM||915 km||568 miles||494 nm||S|
|El Aaiún||Wed 10:02 PM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||NW|
|Dori||Wed 10:02 PM||1002 km||623 miles||541 nm||SE|
|Cape Bojador||Wed 10:02 PM||1018 km||632 miles||550 nm||NW|
|Nouakchott||Wed 10:02 PM||1030 km||640 miles||556 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.