Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 22:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.25 meters/second, 1512.9 km/hour, 940.1 miles/hour or 816.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.8"||939.76 mi||West||0° 01' 41.7"||1.94 mi||South||939.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 49.4"||758.68 mi||East||1° 07' 13.9"||77.08 mi||South||765.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Wed 10:12 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||SW|
|Smara||Wed 10:12 PM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||NNW|
|Timbuktu||Wed 10:12 PM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Wed 10:12 PM||788 km||490 miles||425 nm||WSW|
|Dakhla||Wed 10:12 PM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||WNW|
|Cape Bojador||Wed 10:12 PM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||NW|
|Nouadhibou||Wed 10:12 PM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||W|
|El Aaiún||Wed 10:12 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||NNW|
|Rosso||Wed 10:12 PM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||WSW|
|Bamako||Wed 10:12 PM||884 km||550 miles||478 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.