Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 10:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 22:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.29 meters/second, 1513.0 km/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.7"||939.85 mi||West||0° 01' 44.6"||2.00 mi||South||939.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 46.0"||758.68 mi||East||1° 08' 22.7"||78.40 mi||South||765.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nouadhibou||Wed 10:42 PM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||WNW|
|Nouakchott||Wed 10:42 PM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||S|
|Dakhla||Wed 10:42 PM||347 km||216 miles||188 nm||N|
|Rosso||Wed 10:42 PM||451 km||280 miles||244 nm||S|
|Saint-Louis||Wed 10:42 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||S|
|Tidjikja||Wed 10:42 PM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||ESE|
|Touba||Wed 10:42 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||S|
|Cape Bojador||Wed 10:42 PM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||NNE|
|Thiès||Wed 10:42 PM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||S|
|Dakar||Wed 10:42 PM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.