Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 2:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 02:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.63 meters/second, 1514.3 kilometres/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.9"||940.62 mi||West||0° 02' 07.8"||2.44 mi||South||940.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 13.9"||758.73 mi||East||1° 17' 30.6"||88.86 mi||South||767.00 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santiago de Cuba||Wed 9:42 PM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||WSW|
|Gonaïves||Wed 9:42 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||SE|
|Holguín||Wed 9:42 PM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||WNW|
|Labadee||Wed 9:42 PM||223 km||138 miles||120 nm||ESE|
|Cap-Haïtien||Wed 9:42 PM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||ESE|
|Providenciales||Wed 9:42 PM||255 km||159 miles||138 nm||NE|
|Port-au-Prince||Wed 9:42 PM||291 km||181 miles||157 nm||SE|
|Cockburn Harbour||Wed 9:42 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||ENE|
|Cockburn Town||Wed 9:42 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||ENE|
|San Juan de la Maguana||Wed 10:42 PM||366 km||227 miles||197 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.